Essex Fells NJ
A very small town of about 2,000 that prides itself on its excellent schools and neighborhood-like feel, as strict zoning laws forbid much commercial building. Although there’s no direct transit to New York, there is access to other towns. It shares a school district with North Caldwell, Roseland, and Fairfield.
- Essex Fells School, kindergarten through 6th grade
- West Essex Regional School District, 7th through 12th grades for Essex Fells and 3 other towns
- NJ Department of Education Report Card for Essex Fells
- NJ Department of Education Report Card for West Essex
- High school rankings in 2012, according to NJ Monthly survey
- Results of standardized tests, published in Star-Ledger/NJ.com
Private Schools Near Essex Fells
- Mount St. Dominic Academy (all girls) (Caldwell)
- Trinity Academy (Caldwell)
- Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School (Verona) (per Cedar Grove/Verona Patch)
Preschool and Daycare
- Borough of Essex Fells
- Essex Fells Library, 15 Oak Lane, 973-618-0328
- “Top Ten Towns in New Jersey,” NJ Monthly, 2008. Essex Fells is #10.
- “If You’re Thinking of Living in Essex Fells: No Stores, and No Apartments, by Law,” NY Times, 2000.
- Essex Fells Residents’ Guide to Services
- Recycling: collected daily (except Sundays) 7:00 am to 3:30 pm at the Recycling Center, behind Service Building, 307 Runnymede Road 973-226-3040
Parks and Gardens
- Essex Fells Parks, including species of trees, shrubs, and birds living in Essex Fells
- Grover Cleveland Park
- Essex Fells Skating Pond – winter only – Forest Way & Fells Road, 973-228-9849
Favorite Local Restaurants and Food Shops
Updated June 2010.